Sweet and Sour Beef Steak Sandwiches
Savor this quick and easy sandwich recipe by Adrian Richardson.
- 25 minutes
- 4 servings
- 1 knob ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- ½ tpn Sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup ginger beer
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 x 150 grams of beef fillet
- 1 large carrot
- ¼ daikon radish
- 1 bok choy
- ½ bunch of coriander, chopped
- 1 chilli, chopped
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon deep fried shallots
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- ¼ cup sweet Japanese mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 soft style buns
- Marinate the beef in a large bowl with with the grated garlic, ginger, honey, ginger beer, lemon juice, dark soya, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, pinch of salt and pepper.
- To make the coleslaw, in a separate bowl, chop the coriander, grate the carrot and radish, add chilli, vinegar, spring onions, deep fried shallots, olive oil, pepper and mayonnaise. Mix together well.
- Cook the beef on a hot grill pan with a little oil, until cooked to your liking.
- Grill buns on the grill pan.
- Assemble sandwich with the fillet on the bun, generously topped with the slaw, the bun lid and a skewer to hold it together.
Share it with your friends.