Sweet Potato and Asparagus Hash with Fried Eggs
A healthy breakfast to kickstart the day by Trisha Yearwood from Trisha's Southern Kitchen
- 10 minutes
- 25 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Trisha's Southern Kitchen
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½-inch pieces
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh sage
- 4 to 8 large eggs
- Hot sauce, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toss the sweet potatoes in a bowl with the paprika, 1 1/2 tablespoons of the oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Spread on a rimmed baking pan in a single layer and bake, stirring once or twice, until tender and golden in spots, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and golden, about 15 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Increase the heat to medium high and add the asparagus. Cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the roasted sweet potatoes and sage and season with salt and pepper. Transfer the hash to a bowl, cover and keep warm.
- Add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil to the skillet and heat. Crack the eggs into the skillet and fry the eggs as desired. Divide the hash among plates and top with the fried eggs. Serve with hot sauce.
Share it with your friends.