Sweet Potato Ice-Cream
Try this quick and easy dessert recipe from Inspired with Anna Olson.
- 10 minutes
- 60 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Inspired With Anna Olson
- 1 large Sweet potato, at least 300g
- 250 millilitres Coconut milk
- 250 millilitres Whipping cream
- 100 grams granulated Sugar
- 45 millilitres Corn syrup
- 30 millilitres Instant skim milk powder
- 7 millilitres Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 190C (375 F). Pierce the sweet potato with a fork and bake it until tender, about an hour. Cool it completely, peel it and puree the sweet potato until smooth. Measure out 260g (1 cup) of the puree into a large mixing bowl
- Whisk the coconut milk, cream, sugar, corn syrup, milk powder and vanilla into the sweet potato puree until smooth. Pour this into an ice cream maker and churn following manufacturer’s instructions. Once frozen (but it will still be soft), transfer the ice cream to a non-reactive container and freeze until firm
Share it with your friends.