Taiwanese Fried Chicken Steak
Satisfy your cravings with this quick and easy Taiwanese chicken recipe.
- Deep Frying
- 20 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 2 servings
- 1 Chicken breasts, sliced in half and flattened with a meat mallet
- Marinade ingredients:
- 4 tablespoons Light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon White pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon 5-spice powder
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 stalk Spring onion, chopped for garnish
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Coating ingredients:
- 50 grams All-purpose flour
- 50 grams Potato flour
- 1 Eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons Chili powder, to sprinkle as garnish
- Place chicken breast in between a cling wrap, then lightly pound using a meat mallet until it is flat.
- Sprinkle 5 spice powder, brown sugar, spring onions, white pepper, black pepper, minced garlic and soy sauce on the chicken breast then leave it marinating for 15 minutes.
- Place all-purpose flour, potato flour and beaten egg into individual deep dishes.
- Lightly dip chicken into all-purpose flour, then dip it into the egg and lastly dip it into the potato flour.
- Prepare a wok or deep saucepan with enough oil for deep frying, heat oil until hot but not smoking (ideally 180C) then deep fry the chicken piece until golden brown, this will take around 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chili powder and serve.
Share it with your friends.