Try this quick and easy fruit dessert tart recipe by Chuck Hughes from Chuck's Day Off.
- 10 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 1 serving
As seen on Chuck's Day Off
- ¼ cup (60 ml) butter
- 1 cup (250 ml) sugar
- 15 Golden Delicious apples, cored, peeled and quartered
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 227 grams (225 g) of puff pastry dough
- Sponge toffee ice cream for garnish
- Place a 12 inch non-stick skillet on the stove top on medium heat. Melt butter with sugar and stir until it starts to caramelize, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F (180° C).
- In the same skillet, layer the apples in a circular pattern making sure they are tightly placed and cover the whole surface of the pan. Add another layer of apples and cover them with puff pastry dough folding the dough inside the edges of the pan.
- Put the tatin pie in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove the tatin pie from the oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes before flipping the pie.
- Add a scoop of Sponge toffee ice cream if desired.
Share it with your friends.