Thai Curry Fish Custard (Hor Mok Pla)
Enjoy the flavors of Thailand with this authentic recipe by Phol Tantasathien.
- 45 minutes
- 6 servings
As seen on At Home With Phol: Thailand
- 200 grams + 80g (diced) Sea Bass, skinless
- 1 teaspoon Fish Sauce
- ½ teaspoon Palm Sugar
- 250 grams Coconut Cream
- 1 Egg
- 60 grams Red Curry Paste
- 6 leaves Kaffir Lime Leaf, finely sliced
- 4 leaves Betel Leaf
- 100 grams Coconut Cream
- ½ teaspoon Rice Flour
- Red Chili, sliced to garnish
- Kaffir Lime Leaves, thinly sliced to garnish
- Prepare 5-6 banana leaf cups.
- Mix 200 grams of Sea Bass, palm sugar, red curry paste, fish sauce, egg and a dash of coconut cream in the food processor. While mixing, gradually add the rest of the coconut cream until the mixture becomes thick and smooth. Add finely sliced kaffir lime leaves to the mixture and stir well. Pour the batter into a piping bag. Set aside.
- Cut another 80 grams of Sea Bass into small pieces. Tear betel leaves and lay into the banana leaf cups, follow by a piece or two of Sea bass per cup. Cut the tip of the piping bag and pour the mixture into the banana leaf cups. Cook fish mousses in the steamer for 15 minutes.
- Make a thick coconut cream by heating the rice flour and coconut cream in low heat and keep stirring until it thickens. Set aside.
- Prepare sliced red chilies for garnish. When the fish mousses are well cooked, take them out of the steamer and place them on a serving plate.
- Pour thick coconut cream on top of the cooked fish mousses. Garnish with more kaffir lime leaves and a slice of red chili.
Share it with your friends.