Thick Chicken Stew with Rice (Khao Na Gai)
Satisfy your chicken cravings with this easy Thai fusion recipe by Phol Tantasathien.
- 60 minutes
- 2 servings
As seen on At Home With Phol: Thailand
- 250 grams Chicken Thigh, skinless
- 2 teaspoons Sweet Dark Soy Sauce
- 1½ tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 10 grams Garlic
- 2 stalks Coriander Root
- ½ teaspoon White Peppercorn
- 25 grams Ginger, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing Wine
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil for frying
- To serve:
- Cooked Rice
- Long Green Chili, sliced
- Spring Onion, sliced
- Chinese Sausage
- Fried Egg
- Cut the chicken thigh into small dices and marinate with sweet dark soy sauce, light soy sauce and sesame oil for 30-60 minutes.
- Roughly ground the garlic, coriander roots and white peppercorns and set aside.
- Slice Chinese sausage and fry in low heat and then set aside. In the same oil, fry 1 egg and set it aside when done.
- In another pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and fry the grounded paste. Add ginger slices, stir for 1 minute and add marinated chicken pieces along with Shaoxing wine to cook until the chicken pieces turn darker in color.
- Mix cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water, stir and set aside. Add chicken stock to the stew, stir well and season with sugar. Add corn starch mixture to the stew, stir well. Turn off the heat.
- Serve the stew on rice with Chinese sausage, fried egg, sliced green chilies and garnish with spring onions.
Share it with your friends.