Three Cup Chicken
A popular Taiwan classic dish with a deep earthy aroma!
- 10 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 4-6 servings
- 1.2kg chicken (cut to bite-size)
- 6 pcs dry mushroom (soaked until soft and julienned)
- 100g ginger (shredded)
- 8 cloves garlic (minced)
- ¼ cup soya sauce
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- ½ cup rice wine
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp dark sauce
- 1 handful Thai basil
- 1 tbsp Chinese Shaoxing wine
- Heat wok with sesame oil and fry ginger and garlic until light brown.
- Add chicken and mushroom, sear until lightly brown.
- Add in soya sauce, rice wine, sugar and dark sauce. Stir well.
- Put lid on and reduce heat to simmer.
- Open lid to stir once or twice for even cooking.
- When chicken is almost cooked, bring up the temperature to reduce and thicken the sauce.
- Throw in the basil and splash some Chinese wine at the side of wok.
- Stir and serve.
Share it with your friends.