Get this quick, easy and fragrant rice dish recipe by Chef Wan from Best Wan!.
- 2 hours
- 60 minutes
- 6 servings
As seen on Best Wan!
- 1.36 kilograms fragrant Rice, washed and soaked for at least 2 hours
- 1 teaspoon Fenugreek (biji halba), soaked in warm water for 20 minutes and strained
- 3 cm / 1½ inches fresh Ginger, cut into long thin strips
- 10 Shallots (red onion), finely sliced
- 3 cups Coconut cream (santan pekat) - mix with salt and bring to light simmer
- 2 tablespoons / 1 fl oz Salt
- 2 cups / 16 fl oz Hot water
- Steam soaked fragrant rice
- Once the steam is visible, remove rice into a bowl and add 2 cups of hot water. Keep stirring until the rice absorbs the water
- Return the rice to the steamer, and steam for another 20 minutes
- Put finely sliced ginger, shallots and fenugreek into a bowl. Pour in cooked rice, add coconut cream and mix well
- Set aside to serve
Share it with your friends.