Tropical Fruit Napoleons
Dig into this quick and easy Chinese dessert recipe by Martin Yan from True Passion.
- Deep Frying
- 5 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 6 servings
As seen on True Passion - Martin Yan
- 18 wonton wrappers
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- ½ cup Water
- ¼ cup Lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Sparkling Moscato
- ⅓ cup Rock sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup Whipping cream
- ¼ cup Powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 Mango, thinly sliced
- 4 Kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 Star fruit, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup thinly sliced Dragon fruit
- ½ cup sliced Strawberries
- Mint sprigs for garnish
- Pour oil into a wok to a depth of 2-inches. Heat over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Working with a few wrappers at a time, deep-fry until golden brown and crisp, about 30 seconds per side. Drain on paper towels.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves. Add cornstarch solution; cook, stirring, until sauce thickens. Set aside.
- 3. Place whipping cream in a bowl; whip until frothy. Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract; continue whipping until soft peaks form.
- For each serving, arrange a few pieces of fruit and whipped cream on top of each wonton skin; make 3 layers. Drizzle sauce on top. Garnish with a sprig of mint and serve.
Share it with your friends.