Enjoy this quick and easy French-inspired recipe by Sarah Sharratt from UpRooted.
- 15 minutes
- 6 servings
As seen on UpRooted
- ½ cup Mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons Creme Fraiche
- ¼ to ½ ounce Black Truffle shavings, roughly chopped
- 1 wheel Brie (approximately 5 inches in diameter), chilled and firm
- Crusty bread, for serving
- In a small bowl, mix together the mascarpone and creme fraiche with a spatula until well combined. Gently fold in the truffles
- Halve the wheel of brie horizontally: Use a knife to score the halfway point between the top and bottom of the wheel; then pull a piece of kitchen twine, held firmly in both hands, through the score to halve the wheel. Remove the top half; evenly spread the mascarpone mixture on the bottom half. Replace the top half and wrap the wheel tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 days and up to 1 week; the longer you let the cheese sit, the more intense the truffle flavor will be
- Remove from the refrigerator at least 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy with fresh crusty bread–preferably a French baguette!
Share it with your friends.