Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower, Hummus and Herb Salad on Chickpea Flatbread
Dish out this quick and easy vegetarian recipe by Zoe Bingley-Pullin.
- 45 minutes
- 4 to 6 servings
- Turmeric Cauliflower:
- ½ head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1-2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- Salt and pepper
- Herb Salad:
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Squeeze lemon
- 1 tablespoon flaked almonds
- 1 cup mixed herbs, chopped (parsley, coriander, dill, mint)
- ½ cup watercress leaves
- Chickpea flatbread:
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- ½ – 1 cup almond milk
- Pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, for cooking
- Red Capsicum Hummus:
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained
- 1 red capsicum, roasted
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Squeeze lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- For the cauliflower, preheat oven to 180C. In a baking tray combine turmeric, cumin, salt, pepper and olive oil, mix to combine well. Cook in oven for 20-30mins until cauliflower is well cooked and crispy
- For the herb salad, combine watercress and herbs in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice, combine well and toss through flaked almonds
- For the flat bread, sift the chickpea flour into a bowl. Gradually whisk in almond milk until well combined with the flour and egg. Continue to whisk until the mixture resembles a thin batter.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour batter into pan and let it spread. Cook each side for 3-4 minutes until bottom turns golden brown, flip. Once both sides are cooked remove from the pan – repeat.
- To make the red pepper hummus, combine all ingredients and blend until well combined, adding extra olive oil if needed.
- To assemble, take a flatbread, spread with red pepper hummus, top with roasted cauliflower and herb salad.
Share it with your friends.