Typhoon Shelter Crab
Have a taste of this simple yet tasty Chinese crab recipe.
- 20 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 4 servings
- 2 kilograms Flower crab, cleaned and quartered
- 1 Yellow onion, sliced
- 4 Bird’s eye chili, finely sliced
- 3 stalks Spring onion, cut into 2" lengths
- 1 stalk Celery leaf, cut into 2" lengths
- 200 grams Garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons Black bean sauce
- 2 tablespoons Ginger juice
- 3 tablespoons Light soy sauce
- Corn-starch for coating
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Sugar to taste
- Add crabs to a mixing bowl and sprinkle with corn-starch. Give it a good mix so that the crabs are coated well.
- Heat enough oil in a wok for stir frying the garlic until golden brown and crispy. Sieve out the garlic into a separate bowl and set aside.
- Using the same wok and oil, toss in the crabs and fry over medium-high heat until just cooked. Remove the crab and set aside.
- In the same wok, toss in spring onion and celery leaf, return the crab and add in the black bean sauce, bird’s eye chili and season with sugar, ginger juice and soy sauce. Continue to toss over high heat for another minute.
- Lastly add in the fried crispy garlic. Toss to mix well then dish out to serve.
Share it with your friends.