Vanilla Pound Cake
Try this quick and easy vanilla pound cake recipe from Fresh with Anna Olson.
- 10 minutes
- 60 minutes
- 2 servings
- 454 grams unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated Lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract (or vanilla bean paste)
- 9 large Eggs
- 3¾ cups All-purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon Cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground Cinnamon or Nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325°F and grease 2 9" x 5" loaf pans
- With electric beaters or in a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in lemon zest and vanilla and add in eggs (on medium speed) one at a time, scraping the bottom of the bowl often
- In a separate bowl, sift flour with cream of tartar, salt and cinnamon or nutmeg. Add to butter mixture in 3 additions on low speed, scarping bowl often, taking care not to over mix.
- Scrape batter into prepared loaf pans and tap pans on counter to lift out any large air bubbles. Bake for about an hour, until a tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean
- Cool cakes in their pans on a cooling rack for 40 minutes, then turn cakes out to cool completely
Share it with your friends.