Vegetable Halloumi Pikelets
Enjoy this quick and healthy vegetarian dish by Zoe Bingley-Pullin.
- 1 to 2 servings
As seen on Good Chef Bad Chef
- 1 cup steamed vegetables, mashed
- 2 eggs
- ¾ spelt flour
- ¼-½ cup full cream milk, add until the desired batter consistency
- ½-1 cup haloumi, grated
- ¼ cup mixed fresh herbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 punnets perino tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- Fresh Herbs
- 1 lime
- Olive oil
- Mix all of the ingredients, except the vegetable oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat, add the olive oil.
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of mixture into the pan.
- Cook pikelets for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Combine the salsa ingredients well in a bowl.
- Serve warm and top with the salsa.
Share it with your friends.