Veggie Goreng Mamak
Get this quick and easy Malay recipe by Nik Michael Imran from Cooking For Love.
- 20 minutes
- 5 minutes
- 2 servings
As seen on Cooking for Love
- ½ Green Cabbage
- 1 Carrot, thinly chopped
- 6 Asparagus, thinly sliced
- ½ head Broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 3 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 6 Shallots, finely chopped
- 2 Dried Chillies, cut into ½ inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 6 - 10 Curry Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 100 millilitres Water
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Sugar
- Slice the green cabbage into quarters and remove its core. Shred finely with a mandolin
- Blanch broccoli in salted boiling water, then shock in ice water. Drain and set aside
- In a wok, heat up some oil over medium heat and sauté mustard seeds until toasted and fragrant. Add garlic, shallots, dried Chilli, curry leaves, asparagus and carrots, and continue to sauté until lightly browned.
- Add shredded cabbage into the wok and toss to ensure ingredients are well combined. Add broccoli and turmeric powder, and continue to toss
- Finally, add in 100ml water, and season with salt and sugar
- Sauté a little longer to combine the rest of the ingredients in and even out coloring from the turmeric powder. Serve!
Share it with your friends.