Vietnamese Spicy Noodle Salad
Spice it up with this quick and easy Vietnamese-inspired recipe by Adrian Richardson.
- Stir Frying
- 30 minutes
- 2 to 4 servings
- 500 grams fillet, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce, plus 1 tsp extra
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 knob ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons soya
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 lemongrass, white part only, finely sliced
- 500 grams rice vermicelli, cooked and cooled, soaked in hot water
- Stir fry ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, grated
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1 bok choy
- 10 Vietnamese mint leaves, finely shredded
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 Spring Onion
- 10 mint leaves, finely shredded
- Crushed roasted peanuts
- Snow pea shoots
- Deep fried shallots
- Combine the beef in a bowl with the marinade ingredients and leave for 10 minutes.
- Saute the onions and garlic in a hot pan with a little oil. Then add the beef and the rest of the stir fry ingredients. Add the cooked noodles and toss together.
- Serve with a garnish of snow pea shoots and deep fried shallots.
Share it with your friends.