Wagyu Chili Pan Mee
Dish out this delicious Asian noodle recipe by Nik Michael Imran from Cooking for Love.
- 60 minutes
- 40 minutes
- 2 servings
As seen on Cooking for Love
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Oyster Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Cooking Caramel
- 1 teaspoon Corn Startch
- 2 teaspoons Water
- 200 grams Wagyu Sirloin, hand chopped
- 100 grams Dried Anchovies (Ikan Bilis)
- ½ teaspoon White Pepper
- 1 liter Water
- 10 leaves Sauropus Androgynous (Cekur Manis)
- 1 Egg
- 200 grams Pan Mee Noodles
- 1 cup Dried Anchovies, deep fried
- 2 tablespoons Fried Shallots (Bawang Goreng)
- 2 tablespoons Spring Onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon XO Sauce
- Salt for seasoning
- First slice off the fat part of the Wagyu and chop into a fine mince. Next slice the remaining lean meat into thin strips, then dice.
- In a pan, toss the minced fat into the pan without any oil and leave the fat to render over a low heat.
- Then throw in the rest of the Wagyu and toss together over high heat.
- When the meat is no longer pink, turn down the heat and add to the pan oyster sauce, soy sauce, cooking caramel, and a slurry of corn starch and water.
- Stir well and cook until there is no residual taste of raw starch. Set aside.
- In a pot of boiling water, simmer dried anchovies for 10 minutes then strain to remove anchovies. For seasoning, use white pepper.
- Turn the heat down to low and add in cekur manis to the anchovies broth and simmer until cekur manis is cooked through.
- To make poached egg, first cover a small bowl with cling film and add a little oil. Add a raw egg in it and tie it up.
- In a pot of lightly simmering water, poach eggs (in cling film) for 4 minutes, until yolk is soft and runny.
- In a separate pot of boiling water, add in salt then blanch pan mee noodles for 2 minutes.
- Once cooked, transfer noodles in a bowl, top the poached egg, fried anchovies, fried shallots, spring onions, minced wagyu and finally XO sauce.
- Serve anchovies broth with cekur manis on the side.
Share it with your friends.