Warm Chocolate Budini
Treat yourself to this fast and simple chocolate pudding recipe by Anna Olson from Bake with Anna Olson.
- 15 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 6 servings
As seen on Bake With Anna Olson
- 227 grams bittersweet chocolate chopped
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 28 grams freshly brewed, hot espresso coffee
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F (200 °C). Lightly grease six 5-ounce (150 mL) ramekins and place them on a baking tray.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a metal bowl placed over a pot of barely simmering water, stirring gently until smooth. Remove the bowl from the heat and set aside.
- Whip the eggs and sugar using electric beaters or in a stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment, until the eggs have tripled in volume and almost hold a ribbon when the beaters are lifted, about 4 minutes. Fold in the chocolate mixture (still warm is OK).
- Sift the cocoa powder, baking powder and salt over the batter and fold in. Stir in the espresso at the end (it will liquefy the batter a touch, but that is OK). Divide the batter between the ramekins, filling them just over halfway and bake for 18-20 minutes, until the surface of the cakes are dull and have cracked a little. The budini can also be assembled a few hours ahead of time and left on the counter until ready to bake. If preparing more than 4 hours ahead, chill the unbaked budini, but pull them from the fridge 2 hours before baking.
- Serve the budini warm with a scoop of toasted marshmallow ice cream on top.
Share it with your friends.