White wine unleavened bread
Get this quick and easy bread recipe from Made in Italy with Silvia Colloca.
- 6 minutes
- 35 minutes
- 6 servings
As seen on Made in Italy with Silvia Colloca
- 5⅓ cups type ‘00’ Flour
- 3+½ tablespoons Extra virgin Olive oil
- 3+½ tablespoons White wine
- Tip of a teaspoon of Bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons Salt flakes
- 200 millilitres Sparkling water
- Preheat your oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced)
- Place the flour on a board or in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the olive oil, wine, salt and bicarbonate of soda and salt and mix with a wooden spoon to encourage the dough to come together. Add the sparkling water, a little at the time, to form a soft dough. Start by adding 150 ml, then see if you need to add the rest
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for a few minutes, then flatten it out with rolling pin to a thickness of about 2 cm. Put the dough on an oiled baking tray and score it with a serrated knife to create a criss-cross pattern. Bake for 30–35 minutes, or until golden and the scent of wine and olive oil is starting to make you salivate in anticipation
- When Signora Matilde taught me her recipe, she let me in on another kitchen secret: it is better to accompany the act of cooking with a glass of chilled martini and lemon in hand. I have not abandoned the habit since!
Share it with your friends.