Wing Beans & Pomelo Salad (Yum Som O Tua Pluu)
Start your meal with this classic Thai salad recipe by Phol Tantasathien.
- 30 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 2 servings
- 150 grams Prawn, with shell
- 200 grams Pomelo
- 70 grams Wing Bean
- 4 leaves Kaffir Lime Leaf, thinly sliced
- 4 pieces Dried Chili, fried
- 20 grams Shallot, fried
- 20 grams Dried Coconut Meat, roasted
- 20 grams Peanut, roasted and chopped
- Oil, for frying
- 2 tablespoons Chili Paste
- 1 tablespoon Fish Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Milk
- 1 ½ teaspoon Lime Juice
- 2 pieces of Small Red
- Blanch wing beans in boiling water. Strain and cool down the wing beans in cold water and set them aside. In the same boiling water, blanch the prawns. Strain and cool down then set aside.
- To make dressing: Boil the chili paste, fish sauce and coconut cream. Remove from heat. Then add sliced chilies and lime juice, mix well and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Peel and slice the prawns. Cut the wing beans into bite sizes and break the pomelo into small pieces.
- Toss sliced prawns, wing beans and pomelo into the dressing. Add thinly sliced kaffir lime leaves, fried shallots, roasted dried coconut meat and roughly chopped peanuts.
- Serve on the plate, top with fried dried chilies.
Share it with your friends.