Savour this quick and easy chicken wanton soup recipe by Ili Sulaiman from Home Cooked: Malaysia.
- 10 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 16 servings
As seen on Home Cooked: Malaysia
- 1 packet of Wonton sheets (you will probably only need 16 sheets)
- 150 grams fresh Prawns, peeled and chopped
- 150 grams Chicken, minced
- 2 Spring onions, chopped finely
- 4 centimetre Ginger
- 4 cloves Garlic
- White Pepper
- 4 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Cornflour
- 1 Chicken carcass
- 1 litre Water
- In a mixing bowl, add in chopped up prawns, minced chicken, 1/2 chopped spring onion, 1 cm grated ginger, 1 chopped garlic, white pepper, soy sauce, sesame oil, corn flour, pinch of salt and sugar. Mix well
- In a pot, add in 1 litre of water, the remainder of ginger and garlic cloves as well as the chicken carcass and bring to a boil. Season with salt.
- Remove wonton sheets and make dumplings. Place each dumpling on baking tray with parchment paper
- Once the chicken soup has been boiling for 10 minutes, remove chicken carcass, garlic and ginger
- Slowly add in dumplings and let it cook for 2 - 3 minutes in the boiling hot broth
- Remove dumplings with some of the broth, sprinkle with spring onions, and drizzle with a little bit sesame oil
Share it with your friends.