Zoe’s Veggie Nachos
Serve up this fast and healthy vegetarian recipe by Zoe Bingley-Pullin from Good Chef Bad Chef.
- Stir Frying
- 30 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Good Chef Bad Chef
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 450 grams can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 450 grams can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup fresh raw corn cobs
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 red chilli, sliced finely
- 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup fresh tomato, diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika ground
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Natural corn chips or pita bread cut into triangles and baked with a little olive oil and pinch of salt
- 1-2 avocados
- Lime zest and juice
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped finely
- ¼ cup coriander, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoon natural yoghurt
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese, feta or goat cheese
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat, add onion and garlic, cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add cumin, coriander, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper, fry off for 1-2 minutes
- Add capsicum and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes before adding tomato, cook for 5-6 minutes until slightly soft. Toss in black beans and cannellini beans and cook for a further 5-6 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- To make a guacamole, mash together avocado, add chopped coriander, lime zest and juice, mix in the chopped tomatoes, yoghurt and a drizzle of olive oil, set aside.
- Place corn chips on a plate, top with few spoons of beans in sauce, guacamole, grated cheese or broken feta cheese, sliced chilli and jalapenos
Share it with your friends.