Swiss-style Potato Pancake
Rosti, a Swiss potato breakfast dish, is enjoyed worldwide. Here’s how to make this delicious cross between a hash brown and potato pancake!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Prepare potatoes
- Wash and peel potatoes, then slice into small strips, lengthwise, using a mandolin or grater.
- Soak potato strips in a bowl of water and set aside until ready to use. When ready to use, drain on paper towels.
Step 2 - Mix and pan-fry rosti
- In a bowl, add potato strips, rosemary, ½ tsp oregano, ½ tsp paprika, 2 tsp salt and eggs. Mix well.
- In a small pan on medium-low heat, add 1 tsp butter.
- When hot, add ¼ of rosti, flattening into a pancake with your spatula.
- Cover for 4 -5 minutes, then flip and fry for another 5 minutes on low heat.
- Repeat for the rest and serve! Garnish with chives.
Let's plate and serve!
Garnish with chives.