Sago Gula Melaka
Sweeten up with this sago pudding with palm sugar sauce that will leave your guest impressed!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Chop gula melaka
- Chop gula melaka into fine shavings and set aside.
Step 2 - Cook sago pearls
- In a pot, boil enough water to cook sago pearls. Once boiling, pour the sago pearls into the pot and let it cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Turn off the heat and let it sit for another 10 minutes, the sago pearls should look translucent.
- Drain and rinse with cold water to remove any excess starch
Step 3 - Make gula melaka syrup
- In a pan, dissolve gula melaka in 50 ml water for 4 to 5 minutes until gula melaka has completely melted.
- Set aside to cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
Step 4 - Set sago pearls
- Once mixture has cooled, mix ½ of the gula melaka syrup with sago pearls and scoop them into small soup bowls and let it set in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Plate and serve!
Flip the sago pudding out onto serving dish and drizzle gula melaka syrup and coconut cream over.