Salted Egg Squid Salad
Just the right amount of saltiness and creaminess from the salted egg to coat the squid -simply delicious and addictive!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Fry curry leaves, garlic, dried shrimp and shallots
- In a pan on high heat, heat up 2 Tbsp vegetable oil and fry the curry leaves for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Once fragrant, add sliced garlic, dried shrimp and shallots.
- Fry for 1 minute, until lightly browned.
Step 2 - Stir-fry squid
- In the same pan, add in squid, chopped salted duck eggs and pickled lettuce.
- Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes until cooked. Salted eggs are made using a labor-intensive curing process that takes 14 to 18 days, which makes them pricer than regular eggs.
Step 3 - Stir in spinach
- Before removing from heat, stir in spinach for 1 minute.
- Season to taste with salt and white pepper and lime juice.
Garnish and serve!
Transfer onto serving plate and garnish with coriander. Serve hot.