Translating to sambal with vegetables, this Malaysian inspired dish is sure to give your dinner a spicy kick!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Blend spice paste
- In a blender, add large red chilis, chili padi and the onion together until smooth.
- If mixture is too dry, you can use vegetable oil to help you achieve a smooth consistency. Set aside. You can adjust the level of spiciness of this dish by adding or removing the amount of chili padi.
Step 2 - Fry shrimp paste and spice paste
- In a pan, add 1 Tbsp vegetable oil and fry the shrimp paste for 10 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the spice paste into the pan and fry until oil separates from paste.
- Season with 1 tsp white vinegar, 1 tsp sugar and if desired, lime juice.
Plate and serve!
Transfer to serving dish and serve with raw vegetables.