Scallops with Tumeric and Dill
Recipe courtesy of Martin Yan
- Pat scallops dry with paper towels. In a bowl, mix with all marinade ingredients, toss in the scallops to marinate for no more than 10 minutes. Remove scallops from marinade and reserve the marinade
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat, fry the scallops, 6 at a time, by placing them down into the oil, allowing them to brown without moving for 60 seconds. Then turn over the scallops for another 60 minutes.
- Remove scallops and drain on paper towels.
- In the same heated pan, add the remaining marinade, onion, chili, dill, spring onions, sesame oil, fish sauce and sugar to the pan and stir-fry till wilted and cooked, about 5 minutes.
- To serve, arrange the stir-fried herb mixture onto individual serving dishes, place a scallop carefully on top. Serve hot.