The sweetness from the seafood paired with a bright orange curry sauce, makes this dish absolutely delicious!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Blend garlic and shallots
- In a blender or food processor, blend garlic and shallots until it becomes a paste.
Step 2 - Fry spices, blended ingredients and curry powder
- In a pan on medium heat, add in 6 Tbsp coconut oil, ¼ tsp mustard seeds, star anise, cinnamon stick, ½ tsp fennel seeds, ½ tsp cardamom, ½ tsp coriander seeds and curry leaves.
- Fry for a few seconds until mustard seeds pop.
- Add in blended ingredients and fry for 3 to 4 minutes, until fragrant.
- In the same pan, add in curry powder and fennel powder.
- Stir well and fry until fragrant and oil starts turning red. If mixture is too dry, you can add 2 to 3 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
Step 3 - Cook seafood and vegetables
- In a bowl or jug, add in tamarind paste with 2 cups of water and mix well.
- Add this mixture to the pan and stir for the next 5 to 8 minutes.
- Bring pan to high heat. Once bubbling, add in crabs, clams, mussels and prawns.
- After mixing in seafood, add in wedged tomatoes, okra and coconut milk. Cover and remove from heat.
- Leave the pot to sit for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Plate and serve!
Ladle curry onto a serving dish. Serve hot.