Seafood Fried Rice
with Butternut Squash
Can’t decide between sweet and savory? Get the best of both worlds with our simple seafood fried rice with butternut squash!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Fry aromatics
- In a pan on medium heat, heat up 2 Tbsp vegetable oil with 3 Tbsp sesame oil and fry dried shrimps and ginger until fragrant.
Step 2 - Stir-fry mushrooms and seafood
- Add softened shiitake mushrooms and prawns.
- Fry for 2 minutes or until prawns turn opaque.
- Add in squid and stir-fry for 1 minute or until opaque.
Step 3 - Add rice and spring onion
- Once all the seafood are cooked, add rice, 1 Tbsp soy sauce and ½ tsp white pepper.
- Stir-fry until well mixed and rice takes on a little bit of colour. Season to taste with additional soy sauce and white pepper.
- Take pan off the heat and mix in spring onions, reserving 1 tsp for garnish.
Plate and serve!
Garnish with 1 tsp spring onions and serve hot.