Sesame-Lemongrass Beef Noodle Salad
This healthy Vietnamese-inspired dish features refreshing, tangy dressing drizzled over a bowl of rice noodles, vegetables and tenderly marinated beef slices!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Marinate beef slices
- In a mortar, use a pestle to pound the lemongrass, ½tsp salt, 1 tsp caster sugar and garlic until everything is broken down.
- Add 5 ½ Tbsp sesame oil and 2 tsp fish sauce and pound until you have a paste.
- In a bowl, evenly coat sliced steak with marinade. Let it marinate for at least 20 to 30 minutes.
Step 2 - Make salad dressing
- In a bowl, mix lime juice, 6 Tbsp fish sauce, 4 Tbsp caster sugar, 2 Tbsp sesame oil and 1 sliced chili padi until the sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
Step 3 - Stir-fry beef
- In a pan on high heat, heat 2 Tbsp vegetable oil and stir-fry beef slices together with the marinade for 3 to 4 minutes, until cooked, then stir in the black sesame seeds. Season to taste with salt and set aside.
Plate, garnish and serve!
- Assemble the salad by placing the rice noodles in a bowl, followed by carrots and cucumbers.
- Add the stir-fried beef and garnish with mint, Thai basil and 1 sliced chili padi.
- Drizzle with dressing and serve.