Shanghai Style Wontons
In Spicy Sauce
These decadent dumplings ooze with juicy goodness in every bite!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Blanch, drain and chop bok choy
- In a large pot of boiling water, blanch bok choy for 6 minutes, until tender but still bright green.
- Drain, and run under cold water.
- Squeeze water out of bok choy well, and chop into bite size pieces.
Step 2 - Mix wonton filling
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, bok choy, chopped chives, 2 tsp white pepper, 2 tsp salt, and cornstarch.
- Mix until completely incorporated.
Step 3 - Wrap wontons
- Place 1 tsp filling in 1 wonton wrapper.
- Lightly moisten the edges of the wrapper with a little water, then bring the bottom corner to the top and press down to seal, pushing out excess air.
- Fold the left and right corners to meet in the middle, and press to seal.
Step 4 - Cook wontons
- In a pot of boiling water on medium heat, cook wontons for about 5-6 minutes, until they float to the top.
Step 5 - Make spicy sauce
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, dark soy sauce, soy sauce, and sugar.
- Drizzle wontons with sesame paste, soy dressing, chili oil and sesame oil. These wontons can be sealed and frozen in your refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Plate and serve!
Top with chopped spring onions and coriander.