Shrimp and Egg Fried Rice
with XO Sauce
Try this quick and easy recipe for this beloved comfort food.
Let's start cooking!
![Scrambled eggs in pot
Step 1 - Scramble eggs
- In a pan on high heat, heat up 3 Tbsp vegetable oil and stir-fry eggs for 20 seconds until slightly scrambled.
Step 2 - Toss in aromatics
- To the same pan, toss in ginger, shallots and garlic. Stir-fry for 10 to 15 seconds, until fragrant.
Step 3 - Add kai lan
- Once fragrant, add chopped kai lan and stir-fry for 1 minute until vegetable softens.
Step 4 - Stir-fry shrimp with soy sauce and XO sauce
- Add shrimps, 1 Tbsp light soy sauce and 3 Tbsp XO sauce to the pan. Stir-fry for 30 seconds until shrimps turns slightly pink.
- Once shrimps are cooked, toss in cooked rice and fry for 1 to 2 minutes until rice is well mixed with the ingredients and takes on abit of color. Season with ½ Tsp white pepper. Taste and season with additional light soy sauce and white pepper if needed.
Plate, garnish and serve!
Transfer fried rice onto serving plate or bowl and garnish with chopped spring onions on top. Serve hot.