Sichuan Spicy Wonton in Red Chili Oil
This spicy pork dim sum dish is a classic in any Chinese restaurant.
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Make the wonton filling
- In a large bowl, mix minced pork, ginger, 1 Tbsp oyster sauce, 1 tsp sesame oil, 1 whole egg, 1 Tbsp sliced spring onion and ½ tsp salt. Keep mixing until well combined and sticky.
- Refrigerate for around 15 minutes to marinate for better flavor.
Step 2 - Fold the wonton
- Fill each wonton wrapper with 1 tsp filling in the center.
- Dip your finger into some water, and moisten the edges of the wrapper.
- Have one corner of the wrapper facing you, and bring that corner to meet the corner opposite.
- Press down to seal all around the filling.
- Moisten the corners on the left and right and bring them together, pressing hard to join them.
- Repeat until you have used up the filling.
Step 3 - Cook wontons
- Add wontons to a pot of boiling water.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until the wrappers become slightly translucent.
- Transfer out to serving bowl.
Step 4 - Make the chili oil
- In a bowl, mix 2 Tbsp soy sauce, 2 tsp Chinese black vinegar, 3 Tbsp hot chili oil, 1 tsp sugar, minced garlic and 1 chopped spring onion together.
- Pour the sauce over the wontons.
Garnish and Serve!
Garnish with chopped spring onions and chopped coriander.