Singapore Fried Noodles
Out of the country but miss the taste of home? Fret not! You can now taste a piece of home wherever you are.
Let's start cooking!
Step 1- Soak the bee hoon in water
- Soak 200 g bee hoon in warm water, for about 20-30 minutes, or until they become soft. Strain and setaside. Singapore noodles were not invented in Singapore, but rather in Hong Kong. Also known as xing zhou mi fen (ææ´²ç±³ç²), this curried creation is popular in Cantonese restaurants around the world
Step 2 - Make sauce
- In a small bowl, mix 1 Tbsp oyster sauce, 2 Tbsp curry powder, 1 ½ Tbsp light soy sauce, ½ Tbsp sugar and ¾ cup water. Set aside.
Step 3- Stir fry vegetables and meat
- Heat 2 Tbsp of oil in a wok or skillet over high heat.
- Add minced garlic, sliced yellow onion, sliced red bell peppers and stir fry.
- Add sliced chicken breast and cleaned shrimps, stir-fry until chicken is white and shrimps turn red. It is best to use fresh prawns for this dish for more flavour.
Step 4- Stir fry the noodles, bean sprout, eggs and sauce
- Add the bee hoon and bean sprout, stir to combine well with all the ingredients, for 1 minute.
- Add the eggs and let cook for about 1 minute or until eggs are cooked.
- Add in the sauce and cut spring onions. Stir continuously until everything is well combined. Add in chili padi for an extra kick
Plate and Serve!
Turn off the heat and serve noodles immediately.