Smoked Chicken Salad
Beautifully smoked chicken on a bed of greens, drizzled with a refreshing tangy sauce. Healthy and delicious!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Char tea leaves and sugar
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- In an aluminum foil, place tea leaves and 1 Tbsp sugar.
- Using a blow torch, torch the tea leaves until charred.
Step 2 - Smoke chicken breast
- In a deep baking tray, place charred tea leaves at the bottom.
- Put a metal rack over the tea leaves and place the chicken on the metal rack.
- Ensure chicken does not touch the charred tea leaves.
- Cling wrap the whole tray and set aside for 20 minutes.
Step 3 - Make salad dressing
- Place the shallots, garlic, mustard, anchovies, lemon juice and the grated hard boiled eggs into a bowl and mix well, until a paste like consistency.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and mix well. Set aside.
Step 4 - Pan fry chicken breast
- In an ovenproof pan on high heat, heat up 4 Tbsp vegetable oil and place the smoked chicken skin side down for 4 to 5 minutes, until the skin is crisp.
- Flip the chicken breast and cook for 3 minutes, until chicken ¾ cooked.
- Place the pan into the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
Step 5 - Toast french baguette
- In a separate pan on medium heat, melt butter and toast the sliced French baguette, until lightly browned on both sides.
Plate and serve!
Slice the chicken breast and place it over a bed of mesclun greens. Drizzle salad dressing with toasted bread on the side.