Spiced Buttered Prawns
Seasoned with aromatic spices and grilled in buttery bliss, this Spiced Buttered Prawns is a definite must try!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Preheat oven and devein prawns
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Take large prawns and cut a slit in the middle and remove veins. Do not to cut through all the way.
Step 2 - Blend marinade
- In a blender, blend 1 Tbsp chili powder, ½ Tbsp curry powder, shallots, 5 garlic, ginger, egg yolk, fennel seeds and 2 tsp fish sauce.
Step 3 - Marinate prawns
- In a bowl, evenly coat the marinade over the prawns together with coconut milk. Marinate for 30 to 45 minutes.
Step 4 - Grill prawns
- Lay prawns on baking tray and brush with room temperature butter. Grill in the oven on the highest setting for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, flip and brush on more butter. Grill for another 5 minutes.
Plate and serve!
Transfer spiced buttered prawns onto serving dish and serve hot.