Spicy Indian Chicken Curry
Tender and juicy Indian-style Chicken Curry always goes well with rice or flat breads, especially on a rainy day!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Create the curry mixture
- Heat oil in a pan. Toss in bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon sticks, cardamom pods, cumin seeds. Fry it for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add in 2 tsp oil, onions, green and red chillies, 1 tbsp ginger paste and 1 tbsp minced garlic. Fry until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add in mashed tomatoes, ¼ tsp turmeric, 2 tsp chilli powder and salt. Cook till tomatoes turn soft. Let the mixture simmer on low heat.
Step 2 - Cook chicken and simmer
- Add in chicken, garam masala and coriander. Fry the chicken on high heat until paste is simmering. Switch to low heat until chicken is cooked through.
- Bring sauce to a boil and then cover with lid and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- When the gravy thickens, add half a cup of hot water.
- Cover with lid and simmer for another 5 to 8 minutes or until everything is well seasoned. Add salt to taste.
Garnish and serve!
Garnish with coriander and serve with rice or flat bread.