Spicy Indian Chicken Curry
Tender and juicy, a good curry always goes well with a bowl of rice or flat bread, especially on a rainy day!
· Heat oil in a pan. Toss in bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon sticks, cardamom pods, cumin seeds. Dry fry 1 minute until fragrant.
· Add in oil, onion and chillies. Add in ginger paste and minced garlic.
· Add in mashed tomatoes, turmeric, chilli powder and salt. Cook till tomatoes turn soft.
· Let the mixture simmer on low heat. Add in chicken, garam masala and coriander.
· Fry until the chicken is cooked through. Bring sauce to a boil and then to a simmer.
· Cover with lid and let it simmer for 5 minutes. When the gravy thickens, add half a cup of hot water, but do not add too much.
· Cover with lid and simmer for another 5 to 8 minutes or until everything is well seasoned. Add salt to taste.
· Garnish with coriander and serve with rice or flat bread.