Spicy Stir-Fried Clams
Devour these spicy stir-fried clams, this dish surely packs a punch!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Make rempah (spice paste)
- In a blender, blend shallots, garlic cloves, lemongrass, chili padi and dried shrimps until smooth. If mixture is not blending well, you may add more vegetable oil to help you achieve a smooth consistency.
Step 2 - Fry rempah
- In a pan on high heat, fry the blended paste until fragrant.
Step 3 - Make the spicy sauce
- When paste is fragrant, add 2 Tbsp tau chiu, 2 tsp curry powder and 1½ tsp turmeric powder.
- Stir fry for 1 minute.
- After stir frying for a minute, add 2 Tbsp tomato sauce.
- Mix well and set aside the spicy sauce.
Step 4 - Stir-fry clams
Fry sliced ginger and curry leaves until fragrant.
Add clams and 2 Tbsp spicy sauce.
Stir fry for 2 minutes or until clams open up. You may add 2 Tbsp water if its too dry.You may use razor clams instead of venus clams
Season it with 1 Tbsp oyster sauce and 1 Tbsp Chinese wine.
Plate and serve!
Pour clams into a bowl and serve hot.