This tenderly steamed chicken with lemongrass makes it extra aromatic and fragrant!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1- Marinate and stuff chicken
- In a bowl, mix ginger, minced garlic, chopped coriander, ½ tsp white pepper, ½ tsp black pepper and 1 Tbsp soy sauce. Rub in all of the marinade evenly over the chicken.
- Place it into the refrigerator to marinate for 2 hours. Add more flavor and save time by marinating the chicken the night before
Step 2 - Steam chicken
Once the chicken is done marinating, lay out 2 lemongrass stalks onto a heatproof dish, then place the whole chicken on top.
Steam in the oven on medium steam setting for 45 minutes, otherwise, steam in a pot on high heat filled with water, with the dish on a rack.Steaming is one of the healthiest ways to cook food because no additional fat is used.
When cooked, remove from heat and transfer to a serving plate.
Step 3 - Make sauce
- Pour liquid from the bottom of the heatproof dish into a saucepan.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and soy sauce if needed.
- Add in ½ tsp cornstarch, mixed with 1 Tbsp water.
- Bring to a simmer on medium-low heat. Keep stirring until it turns into a nice glaze. Adding cornstarch and water to the sauce will thicken it into a gravy
Garnish and Serve!
Drizzle the glaze over the chicken and garnish with 1 finely sliced large red chili, 1 sprig coriander and 4 lime wedges.