Known as steamed water egg in Hong Kong, this classic Chinese dish makes for a soft and silky comfort food.
Let's start cooking!
Step 1- Beat the eggs
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl, add salt or soy sauce to taste, and beat for at least 1 minute until fluffy.
Step 2- Combine stock with the egg mixture
- Add water, stock, egg mixture and 1 tsp of sesame oil into a bowl. Whisk until well combined. Whisking the egg will result in a lovely, airy texture for your steamed egg.
Step 3 - Steam the egg
- Place dish on a steaming rack in a wok filled with boiling water over high heat.
- Ensure the water doesn’t bubble over into the bowl while steaming.
- Turn the heat down to a simmer and steam for 3 minutes.
- Shut off the heat but let it stand for 14 minutes with the lid firmly covered.
Plate and Serve!
Carefully remove your dish with a dish clip. Garnish with chopped spring onions and serve.