Stir-Fried Long Beans
A dish of crisp, stir-fried long beans with shrimp paste and chili to pack a spicy punch!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Slice long beans
- Slice long beans into 3 inch lengths, rinse and set aside.
Long beans are a great source of nutrition. They are rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, protein, fiber, magnesium and iron
Step 2 - Blend rempah (spice paste)
- In a blender, blend shallots, garlic cloves and red chilies until smooth. Use vegetable oil to help you achieve a smooth consistency.
Step 3 - Fry blended ingredients
- In a pan on medium-high heat, heat up 2 Tbsp vegetable oil and fry belacan and soaked dried shrimps for 2 minutes.
- Add in the spice paste and fry for 2 minutes, until fragrant.
Step 4 - Stir-fry long beans
- Add in the long beans and stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes, until long beans are cooked. Season to taste with salt and sugar. Mix well and remove from heat.
Garnish and serve!