Stout Beef stew
- In a large pot, heat up the olive oil on a medium heat. Add the onion and carrot, and saute until the onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic, cinnamon, staranise and bayleaf, and saute for 30 seconds more.
- Add the flour to the pot, stirring to mix it into the oil. Stir around for 1-2 minutes. Add the porter gradually, while stirring. Next, add the stock, honey and soysauce.
- Place the beef cubes straight into the liquid. If the liquid doesn't cover the beef, add a little water. Bring the stew to a boil, then cover the pot and lower the heat, simmering the stew for another 1.5-2 hours, until the beef is tender.
- Season to taste, then serve.
If you prefer a thicker sauce, reduce the sauce with the pot cover off.