Thai Spicy Sour Shrimp Curry
This seafood curry is also known as Kaeng Som Kungin Thailand. Though slightly pungent, this tart soup packs a undeniably delicious punch on the taste buds.
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Poach seafood
- Poach snapper fillet and shrimps.
- Devein and deshell shrimps.
- Set aside both fish and shrimps.
Step 2 - Blend spice paste
- In a blender, add chilies, shallots and shrimp paste until smooth.
- Add in snapper and blend again until smooth.
Step 3 - Boil curry
- In a pot of boiling water, add the fish paste and stir well.
- Bring to a boil and add lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, lime juice and tomatoes.
- Season with tamarind paste, fish sauce and sugar then lower heat to a simmer for 20 minutes.
Step 4 - Add shrimps
- Add shrimps and simmer for another 10 minutes, then remove from heat.
Garnish and serve!
Garnish with mint, coriander and Thai basil and serve hot with rice.