Thai Style Prawn Omelette
Fluffy omelette with succulent shrimps that will excite your tastebuds with each bite!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Beat and season eggs
- In a bowl, crack eggs and beat them until well combined.
- Season beaten eggs with 1 Tbsp fish sauce, 1 tsp white pepper and 1 tsp white sugar. Mix well.
Step 2 - Add shrimps
- To the bowl, add in sliced shrimps and set aside.
Substitute shrimps with ground chicken or pork.
Step 3 - Fry omelette
- In a pan on high heat, heat up vegetable oil for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Once oil is hot, gently pour in egg mixture.
- Let it fry for 3 to 5 minutes until crisp and brown on the edges.
Oil needs to be hot in order to create a fluffy omelette. You can test if the oil is hot enough by dripping 1 tsp of egg mixture and it should be sizzling.
Step 4 - Flip omelette
- Using a large flat sieve and chopsticks, slide the sieve under the omelette and quickly flip it over.
- Let it fry for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer omelette to a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
Best eaten with Thai sweet chili sauce on the side.
Garnish and serve!
On a serving plate or dish, place omelette over a bed of sliced round cabbage. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.