Thai Tea Cake
A drink growing in popularity, here’s a Thai milk tea-inspired cheesecake with a crumbly biscuit base!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Make biscuit base
- In a pot on medium heat, melt butter. Set aside to cool.
- In a food processor, add biscuits, ½ tsp salt, 1 tsp cocoa powder, 1 tsp milk powder and blend until fine.
- Add melted butter and process into a crumble.
- In a 5 inch ring mold, add crumble, and compress into a flat disc. Chill in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
Step 2- Boil Thai milk tea concentrate
In a pot on medium heat, add 250 ml water, pandan leaves and Thai tea leaves. Bring to a boil, then immediately remove from heat and set aside for 15 minutes for tea to steep.For a stronger flavor, use more tea leaves, but do not steep them for too long -this causes the tea to become more bitter.
Strain out 100 ml tea and add 100 ml sweetened condensed milk. Stir and set aside.
Step 3 - Make cheesecake mixture and bake cheesecake
- In a mixing bowl, add cream cheese and whisk until smooth. Whisk in 1 egg, 60 g sugar and 70 g flour.
- When combined, stir in Thai milk tea concentrate and mix well.
- Pour into ring mold with biscuit base.
- Bake at 150°C for 45 minutes, then chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Goes great with vanilla ice cream!
Plate and serve!