Three Cup Chicken
The name for this dish comes from the three key ingredients used: chicken stock, Chinese black vinegar, and soy sauce.
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Marinate chicken
- In a bowl, add chicken, 1 tsp cornstarch and 2 tsp soy sauce.
- Stir to coat and set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
Use chicken breast or thigh as a substitute
Traditional three cup chicken is named for the equal amounts of sesame oil, Chinese rice wine, and soy sauce used.
Step 2 - Cook chicken
- Heat a wok over high heat.
- Add the oil, swirling to coat the sides. Add 3 cloves of thinly sliced garlic and 2 thinly shallots and stir-fry until fragrant, about 10 seconds.
- Add the marinated chicken and cook for about 1 minute.
Step 3 - Add vegetables and seasoning
- Add red chilies and long beans and cook until tender crisp for about 30 seconds.
- Add soy sauce, chicken stock, Chinese black vinegar, 1 Tbsp fish sauce and 1 Tbsp palm sugar.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until sauce thickens, for about 1 minute. Toss in the basil and remove from heat.
Plate and Serve!