Tom Yam Soup
A beloved classic, this well-known Thai recipe for hot and sour soup will leave you asking for more!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Prepare soup base
- In a pot, add 4 cups of water, lemongrass, galangal, kaffir lime leaves and ½ tsp of salt. Boil for 5 minutes.
Step 2 - Boil prawns and mushrooms
- In the same pot, add in prawns and mushrooms.
- Boil for 5 minutes until prawns are cooked.
Step 3 - Season the soup
- Add 2 Tbsp tom yam paste, lime juice, coconut milk and ¼ cup fish sauce to the boiled soup.
- Stir well until tom yam paste dissolves.
- To the same pot, add 1 crushed chili padi and 2 dried chilies.
- Simmer on medium heat for another 5 minutes.
Let's plate and serve!
Scoop prawns onto the serving bowl and ladle tom yam soup over. Best served hot with a hearty bowl of rice!