Tom Yum Fried Rice
If you love the traditional Thai Tom Yum soup, give the fried rice version a shot. This simple, easy-to-follow recipe will excite your taste buds!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Make fried rice base
- With a mortar and pestle, pound galangal, lemongrass, 2 chili padi, 3 tsp fish sauce, 1 tsp sugar and chili paste until combined. Set aside.
Step 2 - Fry chicken
- In a pan on high heat, heat up 2 tsp vegetable oil and cook chicken thigh strips for 5 to 8 minutes, until chicken is brown.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
Step 3 - Stir-fry rice
- In the same pan on medium heat, fry pounded mixture for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add cooked rice and fry for 5 minutes, until well combined and rice takes on color.
Step 4 - Add chicken and kaffir lime leaves to fried rice
- Add cooked chicken thigh strips and mix well before adding in 4 thinly sliced kaffir lime leaves.
- Stir and remove from heat.
Garnish and Serve!
Serve fried rice and garnish with lime wedges, spring onions and sliced chili padi.